Organic Farming Recent Data For Competitive Exams
In, this post you will get Organic Farming Recent Data which is important for all agriculture competitive exams like IBPS AFO, NABARD, RRBSO & Other important agri exam You will get downloadable pdf at the end of the post
Organic Farming Scenario
- Total area under organic certification in India is 67 million ha (2.299 million ha cultivable area and another 1.37 million hectares for wild harvest collection).
- Total Organic production in India is 75 million tones.
- Total number of organic producers in India is 64 million.
- Madhya Pradesh is the state with largest area under organic certification followed by Rajasthan & Maharashtra
Note: Madhya Pradesh has 0.76 million ha of area under organic cultivation, i.e., over 27% of India’s total area under organic cultivation.
- Sikkim is the India’s First organic state (Declared on Jan 18, 2016); Second organic state is Uttarakhand
- The country with largest area under organic farming is Australia (27.15 Mha)
- India is the country with highest number of organic producers in the world (More than 30 per cent of world’s organic producers are in India)
- India’s rank in terms of organically cultivated area is 9th; First rank in terms of Organic
- World’s first wholly organic country is Bhutan
- Largest exported organic product in India- Soya meal (45.87%) > Oilseeds (13.25%) > Tea and Coffee (9.61%) > Cereals and millets (8.19%) > Spices and condiments (5.20%)
- ICAR organic farming research focus on Rice, Wheat, Cotton (Desi), Maize, Soyabean and Chick pea
- India’s first two Organic Spices Seed Parks are going to be set up in– Gujarat – Organic Spices Seed Park for Saunf (fennel seed) in the Banaskantha district and Jeera (cumin seed) in Patan for promotion of organic seed value chain of the spices.
- South India’s first organic farming university may set up in Shivamogga, Karnataka
- Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) practicing states are–Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Karnataka, Gujarat and
|The Ministry of Commerce and Industry|
|National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) certification by APEDA 2001. (70% of India’s organic area under NPOP certification).|
|The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare|
|I. National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA): 2014-15
a) Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) 2015– Participatory Guarantee System of Certification for India (PGS). 21.5% of India’s organic area under PGS.
|b) Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North East Region (MOVCDNER) -2015. Organic certification in NE States. Related Institutions and Schemes: NCOF, National Project on Organic Farming (NPOF).|
|II. Organic Farming Policy-2015|
|III. RKVY, Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH)|
|IV. Participatory Guarantee System of Certification for India (PGS- India) – 2015-16.|
v Bharatiya Prakritik Krishi Padhati (BPKP): 2020-21
- A Sub-scheme of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) for promotion of indigenous practices including natural
- It emphasizes on-farm biomass recycling (biomass mulching, use of cow dung-urine formulations, periodic soil aeration).
- Under BPKP a financial assistance of 12200/ha for 3years will be provided.
v Research Institutes Working on Organic farming:
- National Organic Farming Research Institute (NOFRI) – Sikkim
- India’s First Organic Farming University going to be set up in Vadodara, Gujarat
Ø National Centre for Organic Farming – Ghaziabad, U.P.
- Indian Institute of Farming System Research – Modipuram, P.
IMPORTANT POSTS FOR COMPETATIVE EXAMS :-
Organic Farming Recent Data PDF =>CLICK TO DOWNLOAD<=