General Agriculture One-liner PDF
General Agriculture One-liner PDF is a very important pdf for ibps afo, nabard and other agriculture exams.
- Cropping intensity of maize, potato-wheat?
- Crops that are cultivated on ploughed land?
Ans. Arable crops.
- Crops that are cultivated to catch the fourth coming season when main crop is failed?
Ans. Catch/Contingent Crops.
- Crops which are grown to supplement the yield of the main crops?
Ans. Augment Crops.
- Crops, those are grown to protect the main cash crop from a certain pest or several pests?
Ans. Trap Crops.
- Crops, which protect another crop from tree passing of animals or restrict the speed of wind and are mainly grown as the border?
Ans. Border/Guard Crops.
- Cross between two genetically different homozygote plants is?
Ans. Hybrid or F1.
- Crossing of plants through fusion of somatic cell?
Ans. Somatic hybridization.
- Crossing over and recombination occur during?
Ans. Meiosis division.
- CSH-6 is a short-duration variety of?
- Cultivated pumpkin is botanically known as?
Ans. Cucurbita moschata.
- Cultivation of crops in areas receiving rainfall from 750 to 1150 mm per annum.?
Ans. Dryland Farming.
- Cultivation of crops in areas where average annual rainfall is <750 mm per annum?
Ans. Dry Farming.
- Cultivation of flowering and ornamental plants is known as?
- Cultivation of Trees + Crops is known a?
- Cultivation of trees and grasses together?
- Cultivation practice followed in cucurbits?
Ans. Daria cultivation (Riverbed Cultivation).
- Culture of an organ in vitro?
Ans. Organ culture.
- Culture of plants without soil?
- Curculionid biocontrol agent of beetle?
Ans. Neochetina eichhorniae.
- Curculionid biocontrol agent of Salvinia?
Ans. Cyrtobagous salviniae.
- Curing practice is done?
Ans. Tobacco, Tea.
- Curling of leaf upwards and yellowing of terminal cotton shoots is a characteristics symptom of presence of?
Ans. Cotton Aphid.
- Cuscutta is a?
Ans. Complete stem parasite.
- CUSCUTTA is otherwise known as?
- CYI’ means?
Ans. Crop Yield Index.
- “Cymbidium mosaic” is a disease affecting?
- Cyperus belongs to ?
- Cytokinin is mainly synthesized in?
Ans. Root tips.
- Daily mean temperature is calculated by finding the average of ?
Ans. Max & Min. Temperature.
- Dalapon herbicide controls only ?
Ans. Grassy Weeds.
- Damping off Brinjal seedlings is due to?
Ans. Pythium sp.
- Damping off chilly seedlings is due to?
Ans. Pythium sp.
- Damping off tobacco is caused by?
Ans. Pythium aphanidermaum.
- Dapog method is most commonly prevalent in?
- Dapog seedling practice is done ?
Ans. Rice seedling.
- Dark colour of soil is normally associated with?
Ans. Decomposing Organic Matter.
- Dasheri is a variety of?
- Date of Monsoon withdrawal in India?
- Date of onset of Monsoon in India?
- The Indian lac research institute is situated at?
- Day neutral Plants are ?
Ans. Cotton, maize, sunflower, safflower, groundnut, buck wheat, tomato.
- DDT was originally discovered by———–in 1874?
Ans. Othnar Zeidlar.
- De- suckering practice is done ?
- De- tasseling practice is done ?
- Dead heart and white ear of rice is caused by?
Ans. Yellow stem borer.
- Dead heart of sorghum is caused by?
Ans. Atherigona varia soccata (Shoot fly).
- India’s place in coconut production in the world is?
- Decomposers include?
Ans. Bacteria and Fungi.
- Deficiency appears as short internodes in plant.?
- Deficiency of Bo indicated by plant?
- Deficiency of N indicated by plant?
- Deficiency of vitamin B1 causes ?
- Crop logging is the method of ?
Ans. Assessing requirements for nutrients for crop production.
- Deficiency of vitamin B5 causes ?
- Deficiency of vitamin B7 causes?
- Deficiency symptoms of Ca and B appear in?
Ans. Terminal buds.
- Deficiency symptoms of N, P, K, Mg and Mo appear in ?
Ans. Older leaves.
- Degreening of banana is done by ?
- Dehulming of potato is used to Obtain quality seed tuber by using the chemical.
- Delay in maturity & succulency are toxicity symptoms of?
- “Delhi’’ is a variety of?
- Delicious, Rome beauty and Parlin’s Beauty are variety of?
Ans. Late maturing apple.
- Demand of Agriculture Products are always comes under?
Ans. Unit inelastic demand.
- Density of the shelter belt is decided by?
Ans. Wind speed.
- Deoxyribose sugar + Nitrogenous base + phosphate group (PO2)?
- Deoxyribose sugar + Nitrogenous base is?
- Depth of soil sampling for areas having perennial crops?
- Depth of soil sampling under ordinary farming conditions?
- Dermatitis is caused by?
Ans. Ambrosia sp (Ragweed).
- Destroying an angel is a?
Ans. Poisonous Mushroom.
- Destructive insect and pest act was passed by Govt. of India in?
- DE suckering of tobacco is done by?
Ans. Maleic Hydracids (2%).
- DE suckering is practiced in——— —————-cultivation?
- Detachment and transportation of topsoil particles by wind and water are known as?
Ans. Soil erosion.
- Development in different sectors of Agriculture especially fruits & vegetables is referred to as?
Ans. Rainbow revolution.
- Development of fruit without fertilization?
- Die back and little leaf disease in Citrus shows
Ans. Cu deficiency
- Diclorvos is ———– insecticide ?
Ans. Organo phosphorus.
- Die back symptom on drumstick is resultant due to the infestation by ?
Ans. Mosquito bug( Helopeltis Spp ).
- Dieback disease in Rose is caused by?
Ans. Fungus (Botrytis cinerea).
- Diffuse solar radiation is measured using?
- Dimecron is the trade name of ?
- Diploid variety of apples are ?
- Diquat, Paraquat, Oxadiargyl and Glyphosate etc. belongs to the selectivity group?
Ans. Non-selective herbicides.
- Direct or indirect harmful effect by one plant on another through production of chemical is referred to as?
- Direction from which wind comes is?
Ans. Wind ward side.
- Direction to which wind goes is ?
Ans. Leeward side.
- Directorate of Rice Research is located at?
- Directorate of Sorghum Research is located at?
- Directorate of Women in Agriculture?
- Disaccharides contain ?
Ans. Sucrose, Maltose, Lactose and Cellobiose.
- “Disbudding” is practiced in?
- Disc plough is used for?
Ans. Deep ploughing in grassed field.
- Discharge rate of water per dripper is?
- Discolouration of apple after cutting is due to?
Ans. Enzymes (PPO-Poly phenol oxidase).
- Discovered that copper sulphate can be used to control ‘smut’ disease in Wheat?
Ans. Prevost, a French scientist.
- Discovered that Sulphur can be used to control powdery mildew?
Ans. Robertson, an English scientist.
- Disease caused due to deficiency of vitamin B12?
Ans. Pernicious anaemia.
- Did the disease cause due to deficiency of vitamin E?
Check out Agriculture Current Affairs
|=> Click To Download <=|
|=> IBPS AFO STUDY MATERIAL <=|