General Agriculture One liner Part 2nd
All these general agriculture oneliner is very important for all agri exams like ibps afo,nabard,rrb so and other exam.
- A fruit plant propagated by vegetative method is?
- A fruit plant which can be layered easily is?
- A fruit rich in fat content?
Ans. Avocado (77 % fat).
- A fruit rich in Vitamin –A content ?
- A fruit ripen only after harvest is ?
- A fungal disease of mushroom ?
Ans. Soft mildew, brown plaster mould, green mould,bubble disease etc.
- A funnel shaped cloud extending downwards is a characteristic feature of ?
- A garden component making it larger is?
- A garden set below the level of the ground surrounding it is called ?
Ans. Sunken Garden.
- A good quality Coconut seedling should have a collar girth of ?
- A granular insecticide?
Ans. Furadan 3% granular form.
- A green manure crop?
- A group of ornamental plants used to grow over walls, trellis, arches, pergolas, arbours, pillars, bowers etc. ?
Ans. Climbers and Creepers.
- A guarantee programme for the people below poverty line.?
Ans. National Food Security Mission (2007).
- A heat treatment food material at 72°C for 15 seconds, or 63°C for 30 minutes?
- A high density planting in apple can accommodate?
- A hormone inducing dwarfism in plants?
- A hormone responsible for induction of dwarfism?
- A hormone used for flower induction?
Ans. TIBA (Tri iodobenzoic acid).
- A hormone used to increase fruit size is ?
- A hybrid produced using nucleous of one parent cell and cytoplasm of both the cell ?
- A hybrid variety of grape Anab-e-Shahi X Bangalore Blue is ?
Ans. Arka hans
- A insect parasiting another insect?
- A journal in meteorology?
- A library composed of complementary copies of cellular mRNA?
- A line indicates all possible combinations of two inputs which can be purchased with a given amount of investment fund?
- A line represents the different combinations of two variable inputs used in the production of a given amount of output.?
- A liquified gas used to fumigate soil against nematode and soil insects for raising rooted pepper cuttings ?
Ans. Methyl Bromide.
- A liquid formulation of insecticide which contain a carrier ?
Ans. Water dispersible powder.
- A low Percentage Base Saturation (PBS) in soil means ?
- A man made cereal ?
Ans. Triticale (wheat x rye).
- A market consisting of single buyer of a product and many sellers?
Ans. Monosony market.
- A mass of rotted organic matter made from waste?
- A mechanism of self pollination in which flowers open but only after pollination has take place ?
- A medicinal Variety of Rice ?
- A medium duration rice ?
- A mental and/or physical reaction that makes through seeing ?
Ans. Learning experience.
- A method by which food is kept out from spoilage after harvest ?
- A method does not provide opportunity to practice selection for superior plant till F5 generations ?
Ans. Single seed descent method.
- A method for improving specific traits i.e. plant height, disease resistancy ?
Ans. Pedigree method.
- An Electric field is applied to cells in order to increase the permeability of the cell membrane, allowing chemical, drugs or DNA to be introduced into the cell ?
Ans. Electropermibilization or Electroporation.
- A method in which 20 to 30 rural people or farmers are contacted in a group ?
- A method in which desirable scattered favourable genes are selected in different plants in each generation ?
Ans. Recurrent selection.
- A method of breeding for wheat?
Ans. Pure line selection method.
- A method of breeding is appropriate for improvement of good variety.?
Ans. Back cross method.
- A method of breeding is not appropriate for cross pollinated crops ?
Ans. Pure line selection.
- A method of hormone application not generally practiced is?
- A method of plant analysis for assessing nutrient requirement in sugarcane is?
Ans. Crop Logging.
- A method which is not for handling segregating populations?
Ans. Bulk method.
- A modern method of cashew propagation is by?
Ans. Soft wood grafting.
- A multi seeded fruit?
Ans. Tomato, jackfruit, watermelon, Apple.
- A multinational seed company?
Ans. Bayer (Monsanto).
- A multistage sales tax with credit for taxes paid on business purchases. ?
- A natural hydrological unit having common runoff outlet point ?
- A natural organic product which act as an insecticide and carrier ?
Ans. Oil of petroleum.
- A natural warming process involving the interaction of sunlight and carbon dioxide and other gases from the atmosphere?
Ans. Greenhouse effect.
- A non-selective herbicide?
- A nut with no cholesterol ?
- A plant with yellow flower is ?
Ans. Allamanda cathartica.
- A parasite feeding on primary parasite ?
- A partial substitute for petroleum diesel?
- A period of 4 consecutive weeks from May to mid-October or 6 consecutive weeks during rest of the year?
Ans. Agriculture drought.
- A pest causing 5% to 10% crop loss is termed as?
Ans. Minor Pest.
- A pest causing less than 5% crop loss is termed as?
Ans. Negligible Pest.
- A pest causing more than 10% crop loss is termed as?
Ans. Major Pest.
- A pigment responsible for red colour in tomato?
- A plant hormone in gaseous state ?
- A plant hormone used for rooting ?
Ans.IBA (Indole-3-butyric acid rooting hormone).
- A plant requiring less than 12 hours day light is ?
Ans. Short day Plant (Tobbaco, Cotton, Rice, Chrysanthemum, Soyabean etc).
- A plant which closes stomata during day time and open at night time to collect CO2 ?
Ans. Pineapple (CAM-Crassulacean Acid Metabolism).
- A practice of turning un-decomposed fresh green plant tissue into the soil to improve fertility status and physical structure of the soil.?
- A insect predatory larva on lac encrustation in the field ?
- A primary mineral containing Potassium?
- ————— is the movement of substance from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration ?
- A process in which the branch of a plant is cut off in order to produce a flush of new shoots?
- A process of deciding in the present what to do in the future about the best combination of crops and live stock to be raised?
Ans. Farm Planning.
- A process of estimating costs, returns and net profit of a farm or a particular enterprise?
- A process of formation of somatic embryos from callus?
Ans. Somatic Embryogenesis.
- A process of removal/tipping of apical buds of Chickpea is termed as ?
- A process of treatment of stalks for final fibre extraction is termed as ?
- A product prepared from strained pulp of fully ripe tomato fruits after cooking?
Ans. Tomato Sauce/Ketchup.
- A progeny of single homozygous, self-pollinated crops ?
Ans. Pure line.
- A programme to provide at least 100 days wage employment in rural areas?
Ans. National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NAREGA, 2006).
- A protective plantation in a certain area, against strong winds. It is usually comprised of a few rows of trees (or shrubs)?
Ans. Wind breaks.
- A pruning process in which a circular ring of bark measuring about 3 cm in length is removed.?
- A published material on a small paper in which there is brief information of a subject?
- A reduvid predator of Rhinoceros beetle?
Check out Agriculture Current Affairs
- A respective cultivation of an ordered succession of crops or crops and fallow in the same land is?
Ans. Crop rotation.
- A rice pest that can be controlled by draining water?
Ans. Case worm.
- A rice variety tolerant to BPH ?
- A science of decision making?
Ans. Farm Management
- A seed is composed of——, ——-&———?
Ans. Embryo, Endosperm & Seed coat.
- A seedless variety of Mango?
- A seedless variety of Pomegranate?
- A segment of DNA that codes for a specific character?
- A self-replicating, extra-chromosomal genetic material found in plant cell ?
- A semi-solid transparent product prepared from pectin containing fruit ?
- A series of illustrated cards flashed before a group in proper sequence to tell a complete story step by step to the group of the learners. ?
Ans. Flash cards.
- A shade loving leafy vegetable?
Ans. Water leaf.
- A sheet of paper with pictorial slogan, which is utilized to attract the mass attention for single idea.?
check free study material for ibps afo
|=> Click To Download <=|
|=> IBPS AFO STUDY MATERIAL <=|