General Agriculture One liner
All these general agriculture oneliner is very important for all agri exams you will get downloadable PDF link in the end of this General Agriculture One liner Post
- Are a class of plant hormones that promote cell division in plant roots and shoots?
- A hardening structure where in plants root after taken out from the in vitro media?
Ans. Mist chamber.
- A plant hormone used to promote stem elongation& seed germination?
- A popular garden fruit tree.?
- A specialized garden for the cultivation and display of fern ?
- An eg. for facultative apomicts?
Ans. Mango, Orange.
- An agricultural practice of breeding and raising domestic rabbits?
- An ancient Chinese art of growing trees and plants kept small similar to Bonsai?
- An art of creating miniature landscapes?
- An art of growing trees or woody plants shaped as trees in containers ?
- Is the most commonly used medium in plant tissue culture experiments?
Ans. Murashige & Skoog medium.
- Is the process of subjecting seeds to both cold and moist conditions to promote germination?
- Is the second most expensive spice after saffron?
- Is the world’s leading exporter of flowers?
- % of moisture is ideal for certified seeds of Rice?
- ——–& ———–are gastropod pests of Orchid & Anthurium?
Ans. Slugs & Snails.
- ——-&——-are cucurbits used for treatment of Diabetes ?
Ans. Bitter gourd & Coccinia.
- ——–&——-are main components of cattle feed stuffs ?
Ans. Concentrates & Roughages.
- ———-&——-are structures used to harden plants in a agricultural nursery ?
Ans. Greenhouses & Mist chambers.
- The Optimum spacing for wheat is——————?
Ans. 22.5 cm (line to line).
- ——&——are the most common Gastropod pests?
Ans. Slugs & Snails.
- ——-&——are the substances used for artificial rain simulation?
Ans. Silver iodide & Dry ice.
- ——&—–are the vectors of yellow vein mosaic disease of Okra?
Ans. White fly & Leaf hopper.
- ——-&——–are two mechanisms that control the exchange of gases between the soil and the atmosphere?
Ans. Mass flow & Diffusion.
- ——-&——-are vegetables of Indian origin?
Ans. Brinjal & Snake gourd.
- (A x B) x (C x D) are ?
Ans. Double cross hybrid .
- In India the seeds act was enacted in the year ——-by the parliament?
- Mechanical measures are adopted only where land slope is?
- Most dangerous disease of potato?
Ans. Late blight (Phytophthora infestans).
- National Seed Corporation (NSC) was registered in?
- Nucleus was discovered by?
Ans. Robert Brown (1983).
- Pattambi local is a variety of ?
Ans. Horse gram.
- Preethi is variety of ?
Ans. Bitter gourd.
- World Food Day is observed on ?
Ans. 16th October 1945.
- ½ of the inter quartile range is ?
Ans. Quartile deviation.
- 1 bale of cotton is equal to ?
- 1 st Hybrid variety of Pearl millet ?
Ans.HB-1 in 1965.
- 14 commercial banks were nationalization on?
Ans.19th July, 1969.
- 3rd oldest bank in India was established on ?
Ans.1806 bank of calcatta.
- 1st enzyme which was discovered by yeast?
Ans. Zymase 1897 (Eduard buchner).
- 1st Hybrid variety of sorghum?
Ans. CSH-1 (released in 1965).
- 1st Intergeneric hybrid was?
Ans. Raphino brassica (Radish x Cabbage).
- 2, 4-D belongs to the chemical group?
Ans. Chloro phenoxy compound.
- 2, 4-D, Simazine, Atrazine and Fluchloralin belongs to the selectivity group?
Ans. Selective herbicides.
- 2,4-D controls only?
Ans. Broadleaf weeds.
- Fungicides like PMA & Atrazine at low concentration act as which type of antitranspirants?
Ans. Stomatal closing.
- -40°C is equal to?
- 70s type ribosome is found in?
Ans. Mitochondria and Chloroplast.
- 75% of rainfall is received by?
Ans. S-W monsoon period (June-Sept).
- 80 per cent phosphorus in bajra grains stored in the form of?
- A + B horizon is called?
- A bacterium used in genetic engineering?
Ans. E-coli (Agrobacterium tumefaciens).
- A belt of trees and or shrubs maintained for the purpose of shelter from wind, sun, snow drift, etc.?
- A biochemical process or reaction taking place in a test tube (in lab)?
Ans. In vitro.
- A biological indicator plant of Molybdenum deficiency?
- A branch of agricultural science which deals with principles and practices of soil, water and crop management?
- A building with glass walls and roof for the cultivation and exhibition of plants under controlled conditions is known as ?
- A cabbage disease which is known to be more severe in acidic soils is?
Ans. Black rot.
- A central feature of a garden provides?
Ans. Focal Point.
- A certain part of energy received from the sun, is reflected back to space by the earth known as?
- A chemical effective in controlling alternate bearing in mango is?
- A chemical inducing abscission in plants?
- A chemical inducing parthenocarpy in fruits is?
- A chemical used to test the viability of
Ans.2,3,5 triphenyl tetrazolium chloride.
- A chemical with more herbicidal activity is?
- A close-growing crop, grown primarily to improve and protect the soil from erosion through their ground covering foliage and/ or rootmats between periods of regular crop production?
Ans. Cover Crops.
- A comprehensive scheme to alleviate mass poverty in rural India is ?
- A condition in which either pollen is absent or non-functional in flowering plants.?
Ans. Male Sterility.
- A condition of atmosphere at a given place at a given time.?
- A cool season flower crop?
- A crop propagated by root cutting?
Ans. Bread fruit,Blackberry,Rose,Fig,etc..
- A crop suitable for acid soil ?.
- A crop that can be successfully cultivated in Acid-saline soil ?
- A crop, grown for direct sale rather than for livestock feed or a crop grown by a farmer primarily for sale to others rather than for his or her own use?
Ans. Cash Crops.
- A cropping system where the land is hands over the succeeding crop before the harvest of standing crop.?
Ans. Relay or overlapping cropping
- A cucurbit used in confectionary?
Ans. Ash Gourd.
- Shelling percentage of pea?
- A culture of isolated mature or immature embryos?
Ans. Embryo culture.
- A decision to continue full use of an innovation?
- A deep rooted crop is?
Ans. Sweet potato.
- A demonstration practice used to compare two technologies i.e. old and new?
Ans. Result demonstration.
- A diffusive process by which liquid water in the form of vapor is lost in the atmosphere?
- A disease caused by methyl mercury (MeHg) poisoning of water at Japan in 1956 ?
- A disease due to virus in rice ?
- A disease that results in the collapse and death of seedlings before or after they emerge from the soil is known as ?
Ans. Damping off.
- A DNA element which has the ability to move from one chromosomal position to another?
Ans. Jumping gene.
- A segments of DNA that encodes for the specific polypeptide chain?
- A drought tolerant vegetable?
- A dwarfing root stock of apple is?
- A family consists of husband, wife and their children known as?
Ans. Nuclear family.
- A farmer having an area of <1 ha ?
Ans. Marginal farmer.
- A fertilized ovule consisting of intact embryo, stored food and seedcoat which is viable and has got the capacity to germinate?
- A field soil sample weighing 60 g, lost12 g on over dying. What is the moisture percent on dry weight basis ?
- A figure obtained by dividing the sum of all variable by their total number of variables.?
Ans. Averages/Arithmetic Mean.
- A flowering plant with reddish orange flower is?
Ans. Tithonia speciosa.
- A fodder grass suitable for intercropping in coconut plantation?
Ans. Guinea grass.
- A forest system which promote commercial tree growing by farmers on their own land?
Ans. Farm Forestry.
- A fruit crop producing the highest tonnage per unit area is ?
- A fruit juice normally contains 25% juice and 40% TSS ?
- A fruit or vegetable impregnated with the cane sugar or glucose syrup ?
Ans. Candied fruit or vegetable.
|=> Click To Download <=|
|=> IBPS AFO STUDY MATERIAL <=|