General Agriculture One-liner PDF
General Agriculture One-liner PDF is a Very important pdf for ibps afo, nabard and other agriculture exams.
- In which district of Kerela black cotton soil is seen most?
Ans. Chittoor, Palakkad.
- The black revolution is related to?
Ans. Bio fuel ( Jatropha) production
- Black Cotton soils seen in the Chittoor Taluk of Palakkad district is essentially———- in reaction?
- Black Headed Caterpillar of Coconut is controlled by using the larval parasitoid?
Ans.Bracon brevicor nis/Goniozus nephantidis/Elasmus nephantidis.
- Black rot of cabbage is caused by?
Ans. Xanthomonas compestris.
- Black soil belongs the soil order?
- Black soil contains the clay mineral?
Ans. Montmorillonite clay (2:1).
- Black soil shows black colour due to compound?
Ans. Mn and High organic matter.
- Black tip/Mango necrosis is caused by?
Ans.So2& Co2 gases released from brick. links.
- Blast in rice can be controlled by?
Ans. Agrosan & Ceresan 2g/kg of seed.
- Bleaching powder application is a method to control?
Ans. Bacterial Leaf Blight.
- Blister blight is a disease of ?
Check out Agriculture Current Affairs
- Blitox is the trade name of ?
- Blossom end rot of tomato is due to ?
Ans. Ca deficiency.
- Blue colour of the sky and red colour of sunset is due to?
- Blue green Algae associated with azolla?
- Blue revolution is related to ?
Ans. Fish production.
- Fonder of Blue revolution is ?
Ans. Dr.Hiralal Choudhary 1957.
- Body of this rice pest is pink to red in colour and is covered with a white waxy meal?
Ans. Rice mealy bug.
- Boiling point of water in the Fahrenheit scale is?
- Boiling point of water water in the Kelvin scale is?
- Bonsai was originated in———&
Ans. China, Japan.
- Bordeaux mixture act as ————-against chrysomelid beetles and leaf hoppers.
- Bordeaux mixture is mainly used for?
Ans. Foliar application.
- Bordeaux paste is mainly used for?
Ans. Wound dressing.
- Botanical name of bottle gourd?
Ans. Lagenaria siceraria.
- Botanical name of Desi/Brown Chickpea?
Ans. Cicer arieitinum.
- Botanical name of Fieldpea ?
Ans. Pisum sativum var. Arvense.
- The botanical name of Garden pea ?
Ans. Pisum sativum var. Hartense.
- Botanical name of Kabuli/White Chickpea?
Ans. Cicer kabulium.
- Botanical name of jack fruit ?
Ans. Artocarpus heterophyllus.
- Botanical name of nut grass ?
Ans. Cyperus rotundus .
- Botanical name of Pearlmillet ?
Ans. Pennisetum glaucum.
- Botanical name of sorghum is ?
Ans. Sorghum bicolor.
- Botanical name of two rowed barley ?
Ans. Hordium distichoum.
- Both blight and Rust resistant varieties of wheat are?
Ans. UP 2425, PBW 273, WH 291.
- Both eye reading and self-recording instruments are there in?
Ans. Class Aobservatory.
- Brodeaux mixture discovered by ?
Ans. Pierre-Marie-Alexis Millardet.
- Bougainvillea is a?
Ans. Ornamental climber.
- Bougainvillea is propagated by ?
Ans. Simple layering.
- Bragg & Silajeet is a variety of ?
- Branch of Agriculture deals with plant disease?
- Branches used for bush pepper propagation?
- Brassica juncia was evolved from ?
Ans. B. compestris x B. nigra.
- Brassica nigra was evolved from ?
Ans. B. compestris x B. oleracia.
- Braula fly is ectoparasitic on?
Ans. Queen bee.
- Brazilian, Carribbean, Townsville, Shrubby are types of ?
- Breadfruit is vegetatively propagated by?
Ans. Root cuttings.
- Breaking of dormancy with H2SO4 ?
- Breeder’s seed is otherwise known as?
Ans. Nucleus seed.
- Does breeding refer to a selection procedure in which the segregating population of self-pollinated species is grown without selections?
- Brindavan garden of Mysore is an example of——-type of garden ?
- Brindavan gardens is located in ?
Ans. Mysore, Karnataka.
- Brinjal fruits are good source of ?
Ans. Vit. -B.
- Brinjal is also known as ?
Ans. Egg plant.
- Brix reading of juice indicates?
Ans. Total soluble solids.
- Brown revolution is related to ?
Ans. Non-conventional energy source.
- Grey revolution is associated with ?
- Brown spot disease in Rice is caused by?
Ans. Fungus (Helminthosporium oryzae).
- Bryophyllum is propagated by?
Ans. Leaf cutting.
- Bt cotton is resistant against the pest?
Ans. Helicoverpa (Spotted bollworm).
- Bt genes are introduced in cotton against the pest ?
Ans. Cotton Bollworm.
- Bud rot in Coconut is caused by?
Ans. Phytophthora palmivora (fungus).
- BUGS possess——–type of mouth parts?
Ans. Piercing & Sucking.
- Bulk method was 1st used by?
Ans. Nilson Ehle (1908).
- Bunch/Spanish/Erect type groundnut is?
Ans. Arachis hypogea fastigate.
- Bunchy top of banana is caused by?
- Bureau of Indian standards was established in?
Ans. 23 December 1986.
- Burgundy Mixture is a —————– fungicide?
Ans. Copper Fungicide.
- Burning quality of Tobacco decreased due to?
- Bush pepper is raised from————–of pepper?
Ans. Lateral branches-plagiotropes.
- By-product of Sugarcane?
Ans. Molllasses and Baggasses.
- Common Viral disease of poultry?
Ans. Ranikhet disease.
- C3 cycle is also known as?
Ans. Blackman reaction.
- C3 plants are?
Ans. Rice, Wheat, Pea, Soybean etc.
- C3/Dark reaction/Calvin cycle take place in?
Ans. Stroma of Chlorophyll.
- C4 cycle is also known as?
Ans. Hatch and slack pathway.
- C4 plants are?
Ans. Maize, Sorghum, Sugarcane, millets, Pineapple etc.
- C4 plants have?
Ans. Kranz type leaf.
- C4 plants normally give more biological yield than C3 plants because of ?
Ans. Less respiration.
- C4 plants prefer comparatively higher temperatures than?
- C4/Light reaction/Hill reaction take place in?
Ans. Grana of Chlorophyll.
- Ca is essential for?
Ans. Cell wall formation.
- Ca, Mg and S are?
Ans. Secondary macronutrients.
- Cabbage’s economic part is ?
Ans. Green leaves.
- CaCO3 is used to improve the soil Condition of?
Ans. Waterlogged soil.
- CACP (1965) stands for ?
Ans. Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices.
- CADA means?
Ans. Command Area Development Authority.
- The inflorescence of sugarcane is known as?
- CALIXIN’ is the trade name of ?
- CAM denotes?
Ans. Crassulacean Acid Metabolism.
- ———–can be grown as a hedge plant?
- —————-can be grown as an intercrop in Coconut gardens?
Ans. Congosignal Grass.
- ———can be used as a food preservative?
Ans. Benzoic acid & Sulphur dioxide/Sio2 & KMS
- ———————Can be utilized as a Molluscicide?
Ans. Metaldehyde/Carbofuran/Phorate/Copper sulphate/Sodium chloride.
- —————can be utilized to produce virus-free plants?
Ans. Meristem culture.
- Capability of an isolated single cell to multiply and differentiate into multicellular organism?
- Capillary movement of water is complemented by ?
Ans. Root extension.
- Cardamom is propagated vegetatively by?
- Cardamom research centre ?
Ans. Pampadumpara (Kerela).
check free study material for ibps afo
|=> Click To Download <=|
|=> IBPS AFO STUDY MATERIAL <=|